Special Session on Medical Image Examination with Recent Techniques
- Dr. N. Sri Madhava Raja, Associate Professor, Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Dr. Hong Lin, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering Technology, University of Houston-Downtown, 1 Main Street, Houston, Texas, USA.
- Dr. V. Rajinikanth, Professor, Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Theme of Session
Medical image analysis is an essential research domain, widely considered to provide the possible engineering solutions in detecting and diagnosing several diseases based on medical images recorded with varied modalities. In most of the medical image evaluation cases, the researchers are aimed to develop a semi-automated or an automated computer assisted tool to evaluate the disease and its prognosis by inspecting the medical pictures.
The focal aim of this special session on "Medical Image Examination with Recent Techniques" is to present a platform where the researchers working on various medical diagnostic techniques can present their preliminary or experimental results. It will provide a juncture to discuss their finding, related to the medical images with modalities such as, Fundus pictures, X-ray, Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), thermal imaging, etc.
The main aim of this special issue is to collect the related research work in the image processing domains, such as Thresholding, Segmentation, Machine Learning, Deep learning, etc.
- Dr. K. Kamalanand, Assistant Professor, MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai.
- Dr. K. Suresh Manic, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University, Oman.
- Dr. K. Palani Thanaraj, Assistant Professor, Department of EIE, St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai.
Scope and Interests
We invite original research contributions in the fields, such as Thresholding, Segmentation, Feature Extraction, Classification and Image Registrations.
We invite the manuscript, which considers medical image analysis and the topic of interest are listed below:
- Assessment of retinal abnormality
- Assessment of breast abnormality
- Assessment of blood cells
- Assessment of Infectious diseases
- Assessment of Skin cancer
- Assessment of Brain abnormality (Tumor, Stroke, etc)
- Assessment of Lung abnormality
- Assessment of Heart abnormality
- Any other topic related to the medical image assesment
All accepted and registered papers will be published in Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC) Series, Springer. Indexing: The books of this series are submitted to ISI Proceedings, EI-Compendex, DBLP, SCOPUS, Google Scholar and SpringerLink.
Submission of full papers: November 12, 2019
Notification of papers: November 15, 2019
Please submit your paper (in Word (.docx) format) to the Email ID
With Name of Special Session: "Medical Image Examination with Recent Techniques" mentioned in the subject line.
Special Session Contact
For any further queries related to this special session, please contact: